In addition to specialist engineers and technologists, CLARET offers cost-effective access to a suite of industry-standard calibrated test and measuring equipment and facilities. Clean-rooms and inert atmosphere fabrication, laser micromachining and surface analysis laboratory facilities, including the specialist knowledge to operate these, are also available.
Together this equipment delivers a unique and sophisticated lifetime and reliability testing and support capability, one that is directly relevant to the creation, growth and sustainment of regional and national technology-focussed industry.
- Phi Electronics Thrift III ToF-SIMS: Surface analysis / depth profiling/ interface analysis / imaging
- TS Space extreme thermal cycler / space chamber: -180 Deg C to +180 Deg C (vacuum capability to follow)
- Weiss Technik thermal / environmental chamber: -70 Deg C to +230 Deg C (6-axis HALT / HASS capability to follow)
- Thermal / humidity chamber: -70 Deg C to +180 Deg C, 0 - 99% RH and humidity freeze test capability
- Thermal / humidity chamber: 0 Deg C to +100 Deg C and 0 - 99% RH
- Laser cleaning facility: selective surface contaminant removal
- Class 1000 Cleanroom
- Thin film coating Thermal, E-Beam, sputtering, LTE
- Processing equipment spin coating, photolithography, NIL, laser ablation
- Glovebox coater for fabricating devices in a N2 atmosphere
- Characterisation equipment AFM, SEM, FTIR, UV-Vis, NMR, XRD
- Electro/opto-characterisation NSOM, Solar simulator, light soaking,
EQE, photoluminescence, UV-Vis